Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. – Sun Tzu, “The Art of War”
This course has been designed for marketers to understand all of the key components that go into developing a strategic digital marketing approach for your brand or business. We will spend 8 weeks walking through the process with you. This will include all key aspects of creating a digital marketing strategy, insight development, how to build a brand in the digital world, using data to drive results, and creating a digitally-led team.
Over the last few years we have a seen a major shift towards digital marketing approaches and much greater spending on digital media and marketing technologies. At the same time, many businesses have been rushing into trying new digital tactics because it's what the industry is abuzz about without a clear strategy for why they are using it to benefit their business. The problem with a lot of digital marketing is that much of it is being used tactically with little integration into the entire marketing strategy.
Digital marketing should be planned holistically with the rest of your marketing and integrated within your overall marketing strategy. Instead of having digital separate from the main plan, digital should be integrated to provide a more impactful integrated marketing approach.
This requires an understanding of all the key components – from data-driven marketing, to social media and content marketing – that go into creating a digital marketing approach, as well as the role they play in strategically driving value for your business.
An understanding of digital marketing is required in all marketing and agency roles now as it has become a cornerstone of any marketing mix no matter what business or category you operate in.
This course is for experienced marketers, business people or agency professionals across creative and media who are keen to transition into roles with digital or to develop digital strategies for their businesses.
- Business executives in senior roles running teams
- Agency account directors with traditional agency backgrounds from either creative agencies or media agencies
- Business development executives
- IT professionals wanting to understand digital marketing approaches
- Understand the key digital marketing concepts and methodologies you need to know to drive positive business results with digital
- Understand how to plan a digital marketing strategy
- The right questions to ask your agency and technology partners
- An understanding of the terminology used in the digital marketing ecosystem and what it actually all means in application
- Increase your career opportunities by building your digital knowledge and skills
- The confidence to go back into your work with a clear understanding of how you can use digital in your marketing or business